Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!

October 13th, 2008
It's officially Cyle and I's first wedding anniversary! And I'd have to admit, this has been the all time greatest year of my life! Let's review: Cyle proposed May 9th, 2007 and I of course said "YES!" We planned a wonderful wedding and were married on October 13th, 2007 (Happy anniversary to mom and dad who were also married on this day 29 years ago! And to grandpa and grandma married this day 57 years ago!) We went on a great Honeymoon to the Bahamas on October 14th. Then came the great news: Cyle and I found out we were pregnant on November 25th. Then, 19 weeks later, it was determined that we would be blessed with a baby boy and would name him Townsend Cayden. We went through lots of ups and downs during the pregnancy (read the early posts to catch up on all of those!), but ultimately were blessed with our perfect son on July 19th, 2008. We quickly adapted to this new family we had created, and now live as a "family" and not the "couple" that we once were. And here we are again...October 13th! :-) Cyle is my one and only, my soulmate, my perfect match. I couldn't ask for anyone better and I hope for years and years of the kind of happiness I have had this year. We told each other that we didn't want gifts this year, realizing that Cayden was the perfect gift (we just gave him to eachother a few months early!) Instead, with the first years gift traditionally being a "paper" gift, we exchanged simple love letters. It was really nice. I couldn't be happier in this stage of my life - I've got my two boys, and so many other blessings in my life right now.
It's perfection.

1 comment:

Diana Lesjak said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Love you all!!