Friday, March 27, 2009

A Few "Firsts"

A Few "Firsts" - From the eyes of a child...
So... here's the story. My name is Townsend, but almost everybody calls me Cayden (that's my middle name!). My life started out a little crazy, but with lots of love and help from lots of people, everything seems to be much better now! My feet are chubby, but they're straight! And sometimes mommy says they're stinky! But we've been working very hard to keep them straight, and I wear my special shoes almost every night to make sure they stay that way! All in all, I'd say I'm doing pretty good. I like to eat. Bananas have always been my all-time favorite, but really, I'll eat anything! That's how I'm gonna grow big and strong like my daddy. I really love him a lot! Anyway...back to what I was supposed to be telling you about...a few of the "firsts" that I've had so far! I've had lots; like smiling for the first time, and giggling, and sitting and standing up! I'm getting pretty good at those things now. There have been a few though that I've just recently conquered, so here they are!
  • On March 1st, 2009 (I was 7.5 months old then), I said "Mama" for the first time! I've been working on talking, but that day it really came out perfectly! Me, Mama and Daddy were sitting on the bed at Grandpa's house, just playing after I woke up. And that's when I did it. I looked up at my mama and said "Mama!" Then I said it again and again! I think it was six times all together! I said it so good that I saw tears in my mama's eyes (I don't know why that made her eyes fill with tears, but it did. I think they were thehappy tears, not the sad ones.) Then mommy and daddy kept looking at me and saying "say mama, say M-A-M-A," real slow like that, over and over. I looked at them and just laughed! It seemed like a fun game. I'll say it when I want to say it, and just laugh at them when they try to get me to do it. They look and sound so funny! So now I only say it when I wake up in the mornings or after my naps! I know this will make Mama come get me out of my crib! But that's the only time I like to say it, other times I just laugh at her! :-)
  • On March 7th, 2009 (I was getting closer to 8 months old), my very first tooth popped through my gums! It felt so funny, and made me cry just for a little while! It's the tooth on the bottom, the one in the front on the right side. I like to chew on my toys, and sometimes it feels better when I stick my whole fist in my mouth and chomp down! Mama started calling me "Drool Baby." I can't help it! It just flows out of my mouth! I'm getting very excited because I keep hearing mommy and daddy talking about all of the good new foods I'll be able to eat when I "get more teeth!" I can't wait for that! Now I'm getting a little bump on the bottom, in the front on the left side too! That one will come in next and maybe I'll get to eat some of those good new foods then! :-)
  • Okay now I just want to think back for a minute, on one of my very first favorite things...the pink bink! Before you laugh, hear me out. It's not like this was my very first bink, or the one I chose to use. I think Mama lost the bink I liked best when I was a tiny tiny baby, then tried about a million other ones to replace it. None of them were right, I couldn't hold any of them in my mouth for longer than two seconds. So Meme found this old pink one (probably from when my cousin Sarah was a baby, playing at Meme's house...which takes me to a place in my mind of sharing cooties with my cousin that I really would rather not go right now...) Anyway, this binky, whether pink or any other color, suited me just PERFECTLY! It just fit so well! I was able to grip it well in my hands, and pop it into my mouth so easily! It even started to form to my mouth from the way I sucked on it sideways! ......But then the jokes started. "But he's a boy! Why does he have a pink bink?!" "Haha! Look at that fat boy with the pink bink!" "Look at those CHEEKS! And a pink bink?!" Seemed like that was all I ever heard. Something had to be done. Inside I knew I was a BOY. I was a very strong boy, like my daddy. I am not girly, I don't even like girls (okay, maybe a few special ones!). I'm tough, I'm gonna be a hunter and a fisherman! I've got to get rid of this pink bink! So mommy went to store after store to try to find the same one, but just in a different (more masculine) color. She couldn't find one anywhere! My Meme even searched all the stores that she thought she might have found the pink one...no luck. All of the replacements just fell short. I thought I was doomed - pink bink or no bink. Then Mama found the perfect replacement (she even got a pack of two!) I now have two new binks that I enjoy as much as I enjoyed my first, my favorite pink bink. One blue, one green. (I'll be honest, I told Mama to keep the pink one for extra special days that I might need or want it, days that we're at home, and not under the scrutiny of the public eye!) Please don't judge me! I'm a MAN! :-)

4 comments:

Diana Lesjak said...

So funny little Cayden!! You are a sweet little man. Meme loves you no matter what!!

Beckie said...

Hilarious! That boy just warms my heart. And what's so bad about sharing cousin cooties?... Ha!

Bridget Angelina said...

That was the cutest little story ever! I can't wait to see you both in April :)

Katypie said...

So cute!! Even had "little boy voice" in my head while I read it - even better! :0)