Thursday, May 14, 2009

Love and Diamonds

I love my husband. 
This morning when I got home from work, there was a bag on the counter, with the words "I love you" written all over it. 
Inside, was this beautiful addition to my wedding ring.
For Mother's day, and our next anniversary, Cyle bought me another diamond band, exactly like our wedding band. 
My original wedding band represents my love and commitment to Cyle, and this new one represents to me the love and commitment I have for the family we have built together.     
I cannot express in words the love I have for both.

Every year (well, for the past two years) Cyle and I celebrate the day that he proposed. Cyle asked me to marry him on May 9th, 2007.  Each year since then, on that day (cheesy?! maybe only to you!) we think back to that day and we tell each other that we'd make the same decision today as we did that afternoon.  No matter where we are in life, I hope to always hear him say on that day that he would ask me again, and that I would say yes. It's a yearly reminder of the decision we made to be with each other for the rest of our lives...and it's so nice to hear every year that our love is still as strong as that very day.  Our lives will change; babies will come, kids will grow up, our jobs may change, we may live in other cities...but no matter what, I'll always say yes again on May 9th.

I LOVE being in love.
I love my husband and my son.
I am a LUCKY girl.

3 comments:

Mua said...

SO not cheesy!! I love LOVE!! :-D

Diana Lesjak said...

its a good thing to remind each other that marriage is forever and ever!!!

Dagmara said...

you guys are so cute! who would've thought :)