Friday, June 4, 2010

Bunches of News!

Okay, So we'll go with the normal progression of time, and start this post just about where I left off last time. Pregnant. 26 weeks. Got it? Okay....So, due to a brief, and temporary (thank god!) complication with my pregnancy, I had another ultrasound right at the 26 week mark. Fortunately, Little Miss Mya (as she's most often referred to as) is doing just fine. She is moving around, quite a bit I may add, and is still growing just as perfectly as she should be. My doctor estimates that at 26 weeks, she is weighing in at 1 pound, 11 ounces! Still seems pretty small to me, knowing I only have 14 weeks to go, but she's estimating at thins point that Mya will hatch at just about the same size and weight that Cayden did. Right now, she's in the 33rd percentile for weight, but there's still plenty of time to bulk up! Ultrasound tech tried her best to get me a few more pictures than I got last time...but to no avail...Mya is a maniac and does not want to be seen until Her Big Day :-)

So with a deep sigh of relief that everything was going okay...we quickly moved on to the holiday weekend! Cyle hasn't missed a Memorial Day at the Lake since birth I'm pretty sure, and although I had to work every night of the long weekend, he and Cayden continued the tradition in true Wilkinson fashion! I made sure that both boys were packed up and fully stocked with all of the major necessities for the trip, and off they went. I cried, I'll admit it (and I'll blame hormones just because I can!). It was going to be 4 days without my two favorite guys around, and even worse, I had to work. But I just kept telling myself that I would have a girls weekend...just me and my Mya. Cyle was taking good care of himself and Cayden, and it was my job to look after myself and my baby girl :-) And we both did a great job I think! Without fail, I received play-by-play pictures all weekend, of my boy...yes...having fun without his mother (it is possible I guess), and LOVING the all boy time with Daddy and Grandpa! They went fishing, they went swimming, and they drank beer....inevitably. And loved every minute of it!

I learned that Cayden loves fish. Even real, live, up-close ones!
And he loves swimming with real, live, up-close fish!
(This one kinda made Mama cringe!)

And Grandpa even bought him his own very first fishing pole!They had a blast, and I was sorry to have missed it. But I'll have to say that Daddy did a GREAT job with Cayden all weekend, and he didn't even come home with a sunburn! I was very impressed - I guess I should give him a little more credit :-)

When they got home, I surprised Cayden with his own little pool for our yard - this boy loves the water!
And to sum up the last 2 weeks, with some of the best news....Cayden was finally officially accepted for treatment at Shriners Hospital in Montreal, and will meet his treatment team Tuesday, June 8th! We are so relieved to hopefully get some questions answered and some amazing help from what I hear is a pretty great team of people (who really know their stuff!). I just kept praying that we would be able to make the trip for him before Mya comes along...and everything is falling into place just perfectly. So, with that, we're off. Leaving Sunday to take the drive in two days - we'll arrive and tour the Hospital on Monday, and begin testing promptly at 7:30am on Tuesday. Wish us all luck, Cayden especially ;-) Meme is going to be travelling with us - as an extra set of hands and a whole lot of support (as I assume this will be just as tough on Cyle and I as it might be on Cayden). I'm sure there will be plenty of updates and pictures to follow, so stay tuned! And thanks in advanced for your thoughts and well-wishes...as we always have, we appreciate every bit of it, and it never goes unnoticed. xoxo

3 comments:

Joe & Stacy Elling said...

The fish pictures really made me laugh out loud. Joe thought I was crazy!! Ella's been playing with the tadpoles in our ditch.....so she and Cayden need to hang out!!

We're praying that you find all the answers you are looking for with Cayden! Spoil him all you can before Mya arrives. :) Best of Luck with you trip.

Meigan said...

I know how excited the WHOLE family is, including your friends (me) who have been praying for information and treatment to come your way.... PLEASE PLEASE keep us updated......I will be checking my cell phone NON stop (except when I am in pilates or jazzercize)...
I love you guys!!!
Meigan

Katypie said...

Travel safely!! Lots of love and prayers!!