Tuesday, August 18, 2009

In His Own Time...

For the past month or so, we've been wondering when our little man would start to pull himself and maybe even walk. My poor little arms have a difficult time carrying this big lug, and my back gets more sore with each passing day! So we've been hoping, wishing for our big guy to get up and start to go on his own. I've accepted that Cayden may be a little behind with standing and walking due to his history; club feet, surgery, casting and even a broken leg :-(. So I decided to stop asking questions and stop pushing he issue and to let him do it in his own time.
And before we knew it....
This boy is climbing on EVERYTHING! Within the past week, he has started to pull his chubby body up onto everything, attempt to climb the stairs, and stand against toys to play for awhile! It is so exciting! No steps quite yet, but I'm not saying a word! He's a tough little man and he likes to do things his own way, that's for sure. I think it's gonna happen in the near future though! :-)
Here's the booty, in mid-air, climbing over this box of diapers to get to his mess of toys!
Up to his knees (which he's NEVER liked to do)!

And before my eyes, he was up on his two strong legs!

And my favorite of all...this is how I find my big guy in the mornings and after naps! It's official...he's not a baby anymore. We've got ourselves one Big Boy! :-)

2 comments:

Diana Lesjak said...

Meme is so PROUD!! He will be doing more and more everyday now that he has mastered standing up!! Look out... you really have to be watching him now, no telling what he'll do next!

Jackie and Marks Adventure said...

I remember the first time she was standing in her crib after a nap. It makes her seem way to grown up : ) These kids are just amazing aren't they?!