Sunday, December 27, 2009

NO! :-)

If you know my son at all, you would know that this boy loves the word "no." Whenever he's asked a question in which a "yes" or "no" response is appropriate, the first thing out of his mouth99% of the time is "nyoo." (His version of no...with a slight twang!)
Then many times, if its something favorable, he thinks for a minute, and after this initial response will then say..."yeah!"
For example: Me: Cayden, do you want some nums?!
Cayden: "Nyoooo."....."Yeah!" :-)
This brings me to a conversation we had had multiple times in the days leading up to Christmas...It makes me chuckle every time so I thought I'd share.
Me: Cayden, are you a good boy?!
Cayden: Nyoo. (shaking his head vigorously)
Me: You're not?? Are you a bad boy??
Cayden: Nyoo. (now laughing a little, and still shaking his head)
Me: Is Santa gonna come to our house?
Cayden: Nyoo. (now with a more serious face, eyebrows turned down, really contemplating
this one)
Me: Are you gonna get some new toys for Christmas?!
Cayden: Nyoo.
So not once did he change his mind to "yeah" for any of these questions...but he sure thought long and hard about what I was asking! And as it seems, Cayden is, in fact, a good boy. And Santa did come to our house. And Cayden did get lots of great new toys for Christmas! He makes me smile. :-) Such a little ham!

No comments: