Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Bit of Good News!

Yesterday, Cayden had an appointment with his Favorite doctor...
the wonderful and brilliant Dr. Ballock!
This appointment was a follow-up to last months appointment, during which we were told that Cayden's club foot repair was being so well maintained that we would be able to take a trial "One month without his 'special shoes' at nighttime." So we did. And yesterday was the day we returned to have him check out Cayden's feet to see if going "braceless" for that period of time reversed any of his results.
And the verdict...

NO MORE BRACE!! Yep...We're done!
After 15 months of repair and maintenance of my boy's precious little feet, we're done. Of course, if in the future he needs a second surgery or has any reversal of repair we may need to go back to the brace. But I'll take it!!
I'm amazed by this for so many reasons. First, the fact that Dr. Ballock is so freakin' good that my baby's once so twisted little feet are SO much better (and so functional for him) in a mere 15 months. This "defect" that seemed like a nightmare to us for what seems like so long, is now hardly even an issue. Of course we'll see Dr. B every 3 months...just to check in! I'm amazed...and SO thankful. That's all :-)
But I cannot give the good doctor all of the credit on this one! I am so so so proud of Cyle and myself for being so very diligent in the things that we needed to do in order to succeed in this. We followed our instruction so well, and for that I'm thankful too (can I thank myself for that!?)! Needless to say, Cayden has been my little Champion through it all as well. He rarely made a fuss when The Daddy and I spent so much time strapping his poor feet into shoes that could NOT have been very comfortable. But it became routine and he did it. Night after night. So along with everyone else, I'm thankful that I was blessed with such a strong, tolerant and brave little boy.
It's been a roller coaster these last 16 months...but when we receive good news after working so hard, everything seems to fall into place and I'm reminded of the joy I've been blessed with!


"I did it!!"

3 comments:

Diana Lesjak said...

Brilliant Cayden!! What a big boy! Meme just loves you to bits!!

Katypie said...

Congrats Cayden!!! :0)

Roxi's Reasons... said...

It's wonderful what love, devotion and dedication can do - Caydens' progress is a great example of that !!!