Sunday, January 2, 2011

Lots to Share!

Miss Mya
4 months
13 lbs, 5 oz
24 in.
...And so darn cute!
This is my newest favorite!!
Mya, all dressed up for Christmas :-)
I want to start the rest of this post by thanking my great hubby for the awesome new digital camera (thanks mom and dad, too!), and the new MacBook I got for Christmas- both of which will make this blog just so much better! I'm a lucky girl! :-)

Okay, this one's gonna be a little lengthy...I'm terrible and haven't been able to keep up with everything that's going on! I have lots to write here, but even better are the adorable pictures that I've captured over the last month! I'll start with Christmas... this year was really fun for me. It was the first year that we were really able to teach Cayden some of the great things about Christmas, and actually see that he fully understood what was going on. We watched and talked a lot about Santa and his reindeer (Rudolph is his favorite, of course!); He became obsessed with Frosty; and he really understood that Santa would bring him new toys if he was a good boy. To see the wonder and amazement in his eyes for the weeks leading up to, and on Christmas morning was more than I could have asked for!

He woke up around 8am Christmas morning. I ran upstairs to get Mya, and Cyle got Cayden from his room. Cayden came running from his room to look under the tree...but his very first thought was to see if Santa really ate all of the cookies that he and Daddy left out for him the night before (I unfortunately had to work, so wasn't home for the Christmas eve rituals...but was delighted to find that Cyle had set everything up just perfectly!). He ran to the toy stand, where they left some cookies, to find a few crumbs left behind by that messy old Santa!
Without a second thought, Cayden scooped up the crumbs and tossed them down the hatch! Typical Cayden...he'd never let a good cookie go to waste!! So funny! And luckily Cyle and I did opened our gifts Christmas Eve, so we were able to capture him at just the right moment with my new fancy camera! :-)
He did a great job opening his gifts all by himself this year, but had a hard time continuing on to the next one after opening something fun - he just wanted to play!


Cayden is POTTY-TRAINED!! We tried with him a few weeks before Christmas, and in a matter of 2 days, he had it pretty well mastered! He loves his big boy underwear, so for Christmas he got some new Diego undies...and his face says it all!
Mya didn't get a whole lot for Christmas this year, except for lots of lovin'! She watched her big brother, with the widest of eyes.
A few days after Christmas, we took down our big boys crib, and Daddy set up his new big boy CAR bed! And in it went all of his favorite blankets, and some brand new McQueen bedding! Cayden was so excited to sleep in his new bed, Cyle and I..not so excited. Well of course we were excited to see him so happy, but we've been putting this off for quite awhile, wondering if he'll be less safe, or more prone to getting up and falling, breaking bones, etc...a parents worry...

But in the end, we can't keep him in a crib forever, and I guess a fall from him trying to climb out of the crib would be worse than one falling from a 2 ft. high toddler bed, right? As you can see though, we weren't too happy with the fit of the mattress - and jammed blankets and pillows into any possible space that he might be able to stick his little fat feet into...nice, huh?!
But he absolutely loves it!
Cayden is really entertaining these days. I feel like he's really getting smarter and smarter each day, and I'm baffled by the conversations I have with a 2 year old some days! He's so funny - such a big personality for such a little boy! These days, he's counting to ten, spelling his name, and when asked, he's quick to tell you his name is "Townsend Cayden Wilkinson!!!"
He is really such a great big brother too! He loves to get down on the floor and play with Mya. He laughs when she giggles at him, and his laugh just makes her giggle even more!
Cayden got some new coloring books for Christmas, and i was able to get a shot of my boys, winding down before bedtime...Coloring in little boy undies - freakin adorable!

So, I know I've been terrible about writing on this blog, but there are so many new things going on, and I have such great new equipment to use, that more posting is inevitable! I promise I'll be better!!

5 comments:

Diana Lesjak said...

Oh my gosh...I love the shot of Mya with the wide eyes! Awesome! Take lots of pictures! We all love to see them!!!

Bridget and Cyle said...

I know! So much better than my old camera! :-)

Katypie said...

Cayden is looking so much more grown up! What a great update Bridge! What camera did you get?? (I'm jealous!)

Bridget and Cyle said...

It's a Nikon D3000! And I LOVE it! :-)

Roxi's Reasons... said...

What a bright and happy beautiful "big boy" you have ! Just seeing his pictures makes me smile !! And little cutey pie Mya with eyes that are so incredible ! I can see that she and Cayden enjoy each other !!! Im looking forward to lots of great pictures of your Loveys !!!