Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The time has come...

The time has come...for my little family to pack up and move to Van Wert.
And it came quickly.
I have been applying to positions in several hospitals there, and waiting...knowing that the move was somewhere on the horizon. Cyle really wanted to get moved back there to make the most of the spring and summer season, the time when he would have the most work there to do. So we put our house on the market, and we waited. We then heard from one of Cyle's friends, that there was a new position opening at the county hospital, and encouraged to apply. So I did. The very next day at work, I faxed an application. Three days later I received a call, requesting an interview for the position. Excited, anxious and
nervous, we set up an interview for the following Monday. We drove to Van Wert for the weekend, and stayed through Monday for my interview. It went SO well. I returned to Pampaw's house afterward, answered all sorts of questions about how it went from Cyle, and I was really excited about it all. The manager there told me that she would call me either way, so I waited. And we headed home. Tuesday morning, on my way to work, I received a call and an offer to accept the position. With a few more questions, I gladly accepted.
I will be the newest employee on the Surgical Team at Van Wert County Hospital.
Completely new territory for me...not only the position, but the lifestyle...but I've always been one that's up for a good challenge!
The kicker....Start with orientation in 2 weeks.
So that very day, I gave my 2 weeks in the Peds ER, and got a few
of my last shifts covered so we can successfully make the move so quickly. My hubby is over the moon about this!! He's like a kid in a candy store! He's wanted this for quite some time now, and has been in Van Wert working on the new house since the day I accepted the position! Cayden is becoming more aware that we will be moving to Pampaw's house...and is quick to tell everyone that he's "going to Van Werk!!"
So here I am writing this..it's Tuesday. The moving truck will be here on Thursday. That's 2 days from now.
I am really very excited to begin this new phase of our lives, and I really think this is going to be a wonderful move for my little family. Cyle is so excited to raise his babies where he was raised, and I'm looking forward to being a part of that as well.
But there's still some part of my heart that's sad. A part that triggers random tears. A part that's a combination of sadness and fear that will only be overcome when I get there, and I find out that it's all going to be okay. A part that's going to miss my family and friends more than I've ever missed anyone or anything in my life.
And it will be okay.
And we'll be back here to visit just as much as we've been to Van Wert to visit over the years...and that's quite a bit!
So with tears and smiles, all at the same time...we're off. Off to a new chapter of our story, but I'll never stop flipping back to the old pages!
xoxo


No comments: