Sunday, March 6, 2011

Full Speed Ahead!


Cayden has been sick now for over a month. Since his little stay at the hospital, he just hasn't been able to kick this illness. He had respiratory problems, double ear infections and fever...then seemed to be getting better until the cycle repeated itself. The croup and fevers came back, then another double ear infection. This last week has been rough for him - the fevers went away, but then came to poops. My big old chump hasn't been eating or drinking much of anything, and spent much of his days saying "I want to snuggle you, mommy." Though I'll admit I LOVE to snuggle him, I hated to see him this wiped out. We seem to be doing better now...let's just hope it lasts this time. We need a vacation in warm weather to really kick this!!
So with him not feeling well, and being pretty confined to the house, we decided a few weeks ago to go out and buy him lots of new pieces for his favorite train track! Before, we could really only make the simplest of tracks...but now...Daddy can build THIS!...

Cayden plays trains for hours! His latest phrases while playing are "Derailed!, All-Aboard!, and Full Speed Ahead!!" He cracks me up!
Really Adorable!

After days of not eating, and not wanting anything, last night Cayden told Daddy "I want Bix-its!" We were happy to hear his request for food, and Cyle decided to have some fun with it. So Daddy taught his boy how to make Biscuits :-)
First they rolled it...Then patted it!
And rolled it some more...together.
"I'm makin' CIRCLES! Circle Bix-it's!"
Then they got fancy and made Cayden's very own Long Neck Biscuits!
They watched them "get bigger" in the oven, then loaded them up with "Brudder!" (butter)
After all of that hard work, I think Cayden ate approximately 4 bites...but we were happy with that - and look how much fun he had!!

3 comments:

The Colorado Lesjak's said...

Poor Cayden! I hope he gets better soon...Give him hugs and kisses from us!

Katypie said...

Feel better big guy! Cute biscuits! :0)

Diana Lesjak said...

I love that it's Daddy doing the cooking and baking! Ha! Great job Cyle, keep it up! Love the train layout... lucky little conductor Cayden!