Saturday, February 5, 2011

Daddy's Happy Birthday!!

Friday, February 4th, was as Cayden would put it..."Daddy's Happy Birthday!!" While Cyle was at work, and Miss Mya was napping, Cayden and I really put our heads together to come up with the perfect thing to do for Daddy's birthday. I said, "Cayden, why don't we draw Daddy a picture?!" He loved the idea! So I got paper, and some crayons and asked my little Chump what he wanted to put on the picture. His immediate response was "Brachiosaurus!!" So he sat smiling and giggling as I placed a Long Neck at the bottom of the page. I asked him what he wanted next..."CAMO!!" It was so adorable to me that he knows just what his daddy loves, and wanted to incorporate all of it. So I got some camouflage colors and did some camo. "What next Cayden?" He answered, "Our best friend Buddy!!" So I did my best to draw Buddy the T-Rex! Cayden just watched, smiling...very happy with his picture. He then helped me write "Happy Birthday Daddy!" He wanted to put it right on the fridge! Instead, I sent it to Cyle, as a picture message on his phone...a birthday note from his favorite boy:

His immediate response melted my heart...
" :-) I love that boy. :-) It's because of him that I'm the person I am today. :-)"
And it's so true. These two are the best of buddies, and I LOVE watching them together every day.

After Cyle got home from work that day, we headed out to spend the weekend in Van Wert, and MeMe was keeping the kids for the weekend! We just wanted to take some time for ourselves and enjoy a nice weekend and have some fun! Later that night, we received this video from Cayden...

This melted my heart too...and Cyle's. We spent the rest of the weekend talking about our kids, relaxing, having fun, talking about our kids, drinking, shooting guns, coyote hunting with the guys, and talking some more about our kids. It really made me realize what's important in our lives :-) We are lucky.

Over the weekend I also really took in the environment, and really started to take notice of the place that I will soon call Home. We talked about plans for the house, changes to be made and work to be done. We spent a lot of time outside, and I realized how much I like the land, and never really realized the beauty of it. I found myself staring out the windows, during the snow storm and thinking to myself how I LOVE that the property is really surrounded by trees. It will be nice to be enveloped in this once we're here. I decided to try to get some good photos from around the house...
Our Dozer.
And Dallas.

And the great outdoors...



It was a great "Daddy's Happy Birthday" weekend!

2 comments:

Roxi's Reasons... said...

Oh what a beautiful envelope of trees and the soft snow on them ! A perfect picture ! Happy birthday Cyle ! How great for you two to have the chance to celebrate and treasure all the wonderful important "things" in your lives, we often don't have or take the time to do that ! Your children are very special gifts and it's so neat to see just how much you do treasure them !

Diana Lesjak said...

Love this post! You will be surrounded by beauty for sure! Lots of adventure for the kids and for you! I will love to visit you too! Glad Cyle had a nice birthday!!